Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I join Architizer if I am not an architect? Of course! Architizer is made for everyone with an interest in architecture - that includes architects, landscape architects, lighting designers, photographer, journalists, educators, curators, clients, fans, everyone!
- Do I have to pay to join Architizer? No. Joining Architizer and uploading projects is free.
- Why should I join Architizer? I already belong to Linkedin and Facebook. Architizer is the only social network built exclusively for architecture and is already the largest user-generated database of architecture on the web. To have your work seen by thousands of people of everyday, picked up and featured in editorial content and followed by hundreds of people, there is no better place online. Put your work on the map!
- I uploaded my project to my personal profile but want it to be on my firm page, how do I switch it over? Not a problem! When you are editing your project page, hit 'Edit' next to 'Project Leader' – then enter your firm information and hit 'Save'. An Architizer-generated email will be sent to the firm administrator (usually yourself) indicating that you need to confirm your involvement in the project. Hit the link in that email and everything should be credited to your firm. Still have a problem? Email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- How do I delete a project? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and send us the link to the projects you want removed.
- I keep trying to search for my firm but can't find it, what do I do? The search function works best when you are looking for one term. For instance, if your firm name is 'Design Studio', try search for 'Design' and narrow the search to the city you are located in. We are constantly improving our search functionality.
- I cannot seem to upload my photo, what's going on? Make sure that you are uploading a photo according to specifications. Photos for profiles should be a JPG, GIF or PNG (193x182px works best). For project pages, those file formats work as well - just make sure each photo is under 5MB.
How can I keep up with Architizer?
The Architizer network extends beyond the website itself. We have active communities on all of your favorite social media outlets.
- How do I get featured in the news section or the newsletter? Our editors carefully choose which projects to feature. Do you have a project or news story you think we should know about? Send us a tip at
- I am a consultant on a project - what do I do? As a consultant you can add a project on your own, just click the box that says that you were a consultant. If the project has already been added to Architizer you can add your firm to the consultants section of the project description by clicking the link titled "Were you involved as a consultant?"
- I am a manufacturer - What do I do? Architzer will be introducing an entirely dedicated system to host manufacturers and their products. Stay tuned!
- I would like to advertise on Architizer - whom do I contact? Email your inquiry to